When you’re clearing the driveway of 7 inches of wet, heavy snow on March 30, you have to remind yourself why you live where you do.
Here’s my top 10:
- The school our kid goes to is really, really good. And he loves it. And he has good friends there.
- We have a porch-side view of the AuSable River. When the weather finally does improve, sitting on the deck watching the river go by is the best therapy for just about anything.
- We live in a good neighborhood. There aren’t a lot of people here, but it’s a know-your-neighbor kind of place.
- There is a park one block down the street where you can listen to music for free every Friday night in the summers.
- There is a community center right next to the park that offers dance lessons, summer theater for kids, and lots of other neat stuff.
- We’re on the Lake Placid Ironman route. We meet a lot of world-class athletes.
- We live in a comfortable house with a really nice kitchen.
- We’re far enough away from populated areas that it’s quiet. But close enough that we can get to world class cities (Montreal) and regional cities (Burlington, Glens Falls, Saratoga, Albany) without too much trouble.
- Brooke’s job is attached to this place. And it’s a pretty good gig as small church gigs go.
- Did I mention, the school our kid goes to is really, really good.
That’s my list. You may not be digging out from a March 30 snow storm, but every now and then you might want to remember your list, too.